Apply NOW to become a committee member at Room for Discussion!
*We will only be accepting students enrolled at the University of Amsterdam*
The positions we are looking for are:
- This is the classical position at Room for Discussion. Your responsibilities will entail inviting guests, preparing interviews and giving feedback to fellow interviewers, being Editor-in-Chief for interviews, and of course interviewing the platform’s guests.
- Marketing Officer
- This means that you will be managing all of our social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Website, LinkedIn, Facebook and Podcasts). You will be in charge of creating content for off and online marketing, maintaining contact with the UvA and SEFA Marketing team and developing our brand. There is much room for creativity and you will be able implement change in order to grow the brand! You will work alongside another Marketing Officer and the marketing committee, which consists of interviewers, to edit our interviews for YouTube and Podcasts.
What does Room for Discussion add to your Student life?
As an interviewer at Room for Discussion, you:
- Become part of a close-knit team organising and staging interviews with insightful and high-profile guests from economics, politics and academia.
- You acquire skills that no course at university can offer. Like how to 1) persuasively invite a renowned CEO, 2) pose the right questions to the head of the International Monetary Fund, and, 3) make conversation over lunch with a world famous economist.
You develop these and many other skills as you go about realising your very own interview-ideas and in tandem with top-journalists, interviewers and experts at one of our many training sessions.
Last but not least, you become part of a close group of people that share your interests and motivation to get involved in today’s economic, political and societal challenges.
What do we expect from you?
We expect you to:
- Be motivated to contribute to Room for Discussion on and beyond the stage (12-16 hours per week)
- Be proficient in the English language
- Have a good understanding of economics and politics
- Be able to commit to deadlines
- Be a good team player
If you are up for the challenge of interviewing Marylin Waring, Frans Timmermans, Daron Acemoglu and others live on stage, then apply at Room for Discussion!
How to apply?
Our recruitment is open now! Upload your Curriculum Vitae alongside a short but crisp motivation letter (max 500 words) at https://sefa.nl/room-for-discussion/.
Deadline – October 2nd, 23:59 PM
Got any questions?
Shoot us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Or message via Facebook or Instagram!
Interviews we’re proud of
The Impact of a Wrongful Imprisonment – A Conversation with Seif Bedour
Sustainable Economies: Fiction or Future? – A Conversation with ABN AMRO Chief Economist Sandra Phlippen
(POSTPONED) You Gotta Fight For Your Right – Director of AmnestyNL Dagmar Oudshoorn
At Room for Discussion Podium, on Date and time to be announced